Child Care Resource and Referral
Child Care Resource & Referral
The Child Care Resource & Referral program is operated by the Child & Family Services division of the Stanislaus County Office of Education. This program is funded through the Child Development Division of the California Department of Education. It provides comprehensive information and referrals regarding child care/development services to parents and providers. All services are free of charge. Additional services include:
- Sign up for a Resource & Referral trainings
- Sign up for a Family Child Care Home Orientation training
- R&R Handout Drawer Materials and Lending Library Items
- Health and Safety Resources
- Referrals to all types of child care facilities; including licensed and exempt centers and licensed family child care homes in Stanislaus County.
- Information on how to open and manage a family child care home or a child care center.
- Resource lending library which includes resource materials, books, toys and DVDs.
- Information on subsidized programs for low-income parents.
- Workshops on topics of interest to providers, parents, and center staff.
- Assistance with registration of exempt providers through Trustline Registry.
Additional information can be received by calling (209) 238-6400.
If you are looking for child care, you can receive referrals to a variety of child care options.
Interested in the California State Preschool Program or need help in paying for your child care?
Click here to place your child on the eligibility list for state programs.
For assistance with part-day state preschool in Ceres call Ceres Unified School District at (209) 556-1545.
For assistance with part-day preschool in Keyes Unified School District call (209) 667-1660.
Resource & Referral Lending Libraries
Child Care Resource & Referral offers lending libraries that are free to the public. Lending libraries include handouts, books, DVDs, and toys.
at NO COST to Stanislaus County Residents.
Handouts, books, DVDs and toys are located at Stanislaus County Office of Education, Child/Family Services Office at 1324 Celeste Drive, Modesto
- Hours: Monday-Friday: 8:00am- 4:30pm
- Location: 1325 Celeste Drive, Modesto
- User Terms: Must show valid ID and sign user agreement. Maximum loan period is
3 weeks for 3 items.
- Questions: Call Child Care Resource & Referral at (209) 238-6400
This community resource is available to families, child care providers, students, educators and all members of the community.