Since October, students at John B. Allard School/Tactical Character Academy (TCA) have attended school in-person through small classroom cohorts. Click on the video to learn what staff and students are saying about being on campus.
TACTICAL CHARACTER ACADEMY:
The Tactical Character Academy (TCA) is a middle school program located at the John B. Allard School operating under the direction of the Stanislaus County Office of Education (SCOE).
Highly structured classroom setting
- Character Training Center
- Para-Military uniform with strict dress standards
- Military theme: Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard
Who Can Attend?
- Students who are referred to the Stanislaus County Educational Options Program by their school/district of residence
- TCA is a school of “choice” and students must volunteer to attend
- Parents/Guardians of the students must agree to support the Academy’s Character Program which emphasizes basic core values. TCA is a voluntary program and parent/guardian involvement is mandatory.
John B. Allard School also offers Independent Study for grades 1-12, where students work one-on-one with their teacher, whom they meet with for a minimum of one hour per week. Students complete rigorous course in core curriculum and electives classes. Contact Number: 209-238-8750
The Independent Study program uses the Florida Virtual Online integrated Core Learning Program which includes:
What is Dual Enrollment?
Students ages 13-18 can get started in college before they're even done with high school. Dual Enrollment (DE) students have the $46 per unit tuition fee waived. There may be other fees associated with the class, such as material fees, parking permits, books, or health fees. For more information on Dual enrollment use the link below and contact you school counselor for assistance !!!
The mission of the Academy is to challenge the mind, body, and spirit of our students with the values, skills, and education necessary to succeed in life.